Properties: Antimicrobial, antiseptic, bactericide, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant and sudorific *
- 100% Pure Oil
- Certified Organic: Certified by ECOCERT, France
- Vegan and Endorsed by Beauty Without Cruelty
- Botanical name: Melaleuca Alternifolia
- Part of plant used: Leaves and twigs
- Extraction method: Steam distillation.
- Precautions: Possibly sensitizing in some individuals.
- Ideal uses: May be directly applied to insect bites, added to shampoo, skin care or used as a mouth rinse. May be used in an essential oil burner, massage and bath.
* The product properties listed have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. SOiL does not claim that their products are intended to treat, cure or prevent any disorder, disease or aliment.
Essential oils are the highly concentrated active ingredients of plants. They should always be diluted in a base before use and should not be taken internally without professional recommendation.
Add 5 – 10 drops of essential oil to 1 tablespoon carrier oil and then add to a warm bath. If skin is sensitive, blend the essential oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil first. Close the door so the vapors don’t escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes relaxing and breathing deeply. For added moisture, dilute the oils in 10ml of carrier oil before adding to the bath.
Add 5 – 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin.
Add 4 – 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl and inhale the vapor for a few minutes.
Burners and Diffusers:
Fill the bowl of the burner/vaporizer with water and then add 3 – 6 drops of essential oil. Light the candle and the oil will evaporate as the water heats up. Do not let the bowl dry out.
Recommended when the area is too painful to massage. Dip a towel or cloth in 4-5 drops of essential oil and 200ml hot or cold water and wring out. Cover the affected area with this compress. Then place a plastic wrap over this and a towel or blanket on top. Leave the compress on for 2-4 hours.
Cinnamon, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary and Thyme.
SOiL distills their essential oils on site, to ensure that the fresh plant materials retain a high level of their natural aromatic oils. Their modern distillation facility is constructed of food grade stainless steel to prevent contamination and ensure the oils maintain their therapeutic qualities. By knowing the exact source of the oils, you can be confident that they are 100% pure, certified organic and unadulterated.
- SOiL believes in organic
- SOiL promotes natural essential oils and abstains from harmful chemicals
- SOiL supports local growers and producers
- SOiL cares about the quality, efficacy and purity of its products
- SOiL products are approved by the Vegan Society of South Africa
- SOiL products are endorsed by Beauty Without Cruelty