DVTD + Broken Halos Haven
Broken Halos Haven is a grief getaway in the DFW area for young widows and their school-age children with three main goals:
- To allow grieving families a stress-free, no-cost getaway
- To empower and build the confidence of widows who are now parenting alone
- To help widows realize it’s OK to have fun, enjoy life, and find joy again.
The Reason Behind Broken Halos
There are over 700,000 new widows each year in America and 1.5 million children live in a single-parent household due to the death of a parent. The founders of Broken Halos Haven, Natalie Reid and her three boys, are a part of that statistic.
The sudden loss of a loved one takes the people left behind into a whirlwind of activity and emotions. And when friends and neighbors hear the news of someone’s passing they instantly want to do something to help the family.
How It Works for Widows
Widows can request to stay at the grief getaway house in Lewisville, TX for FREE. They can then build a registry where friends and neighbors can donate experiences for her and her family to enjoy while on their retreat.
The homebase for the retreat takes place in a 1920’s, newly renovated 3-bedroom, 2-bath house. Click HERE to learn more about the house!
How Your Shopping Keeps Giving
When you shop DVTD.com, you give back with every product you purchase!
For example, if you purchase…
- Jenessa Wait This Family Is Set Apart Print ($48)
- MISSIO Golden Hair Spray ($28)
- Starfish Project Ocean Waves Stone Bracelet ($34.99)
Your purchase gives back to help …
- End human trafficking through MISSIO and Starfish Project
- Support missions & ministries through Jenessa Wait
- Provide a grief getaway for widows and their children
Previous Causes of the Month
Check out all of the previous causes we have had the privilege of supporting through our Cause of the Month program since our founding.